Thursday, December 3, 2009

Online Comic Strips You Should Read

One thing I've noticed about a lot of my new friends here in Tampa is that they seem to not read any of the online comic strips that I so love. In an attempt to remedy this, I figured I would do a quick post highlighting some of my favorite individual strips from my favorite comics. (click on the images below to see the whole thing).

First up, Penny-Arcade

Penny-Arcade is probably the most popular comic strip out there right now and is certainly the most popular online comic strip. Their humor tends to centralize around video games, D&D, and just nerd humor in general. Here's two of my favorite strips from them...





Next up, we have XKCD

While the art isn't necessarily much of a draw with XKCD (just about everything is stick figures) the humor itself is priceless. It tends to focus on general geek, math, and language jokes. Here's a couple of great ones from there...






And finally, my current favorite, Questionable Content.

Unlike the other two, you really don't have to be a computer, gamer, or D&D nerd to enjoy Questionable Content. As long as you have a bit of geek streak to you, relating to this comic should be a breeze. It is also the only one of the three that has a continuous ongoing story line, so once you start reading it, it can be a bit hard to stop. I highly recommend just going to the website I linked above, clicking the "random" button, and following the first story line that catches your eye (although if you do this at work, don't plan on getting anything done today). Here's a couple I really like...



No comments: