Friday, November 21, 2008

Geeking Out!


At the moment I'm sitting here in my lab space completely geeking out because corresponding evidence for e=mc^2 has finally been found, effectively removing it from the column of scientific hypothesis and placing it firmly in the column of scientific fact. (well maybe not firmly, the results still need to be verified) The down side to this is that it has reminded me of the one thing I miss from being in the navy, having a group of friends, with very similar interests, as coworkers who would be geeking out with me right now.

Of course, between the BEB forum, facebook, and my cell phone I can still geek out a bit with them but it's really no substitute for being in the same room as 4 or 5 of my friends and joking about how, "It's a good thing they proved e=mc^2, since we've only been using it to make nuclear bombs for the last 40 years or so".

No comments: