Saturday, October 25, 2008

The birds sure are angry this morning.

For those of you who don't know, the apartment that my girlfriend and I share is located on a lake with our balcony hanging over the edge of the water.  It is the only body of water in the immediate area that is large enough to support water foul and as a result, it has a ton of water foul in it pretty much all year round.

It appears that mating season is now in full swing for the ducks, as they have spent most of the morning beating the crap out of each other.  We also have a growing population of Coots showing up since the beginning of the month.  They are strange little birds with black heads,yellow beaks, and spend most their time floating in the water.  They look a bit like ducks except they don't have webbed feet, their bills are shaped like a chicken's, and they dive much deeper under that water than most ducks.

Originally this post was going to be about the movie Quarantine, which I saw last night, but these ducks are just to entertaining.  I do want to say though, Quarantine was an awesome movie and probably one of the best sudo-zombie movies I've seen in at least the last 10 years.  It was good enough I'll probably try to go see it a second time in the next week or two.  There was a ton of stuff going on and I want to see if I can pick up a little more detail than I did the first time.

Well I'm going to go get myself another cup of coffee and watch the ducks some more, later.

1 comment:

Trassin said...

Here's what the Coots look like: Link